Secrets To Better Health
Secrets To Better Health
Here are a few phrases we have all heard: Motion is life. Attitude is everything. You are what you eat. Without music life would be a mistake. These are all true statements!
- Concentrate on your health as opposed to losing weight. If you have kids, concentrate on your kids and how losing weight will help you improve the energy you bring to your relationship with them. Inches are always better to lose than weight.
- Stay positive. Life is too short to beat yourself up over weight you have gained or workouts you have missed. Staying positive helps all areas of your life.
- Have fun. If your work-outs are not fun you are not going to keep doing them. So, if you dread going to the gym, don’t go. Instead, go for a walk, play with your kids in the yard, etc. If you can turn the dreaded exercise word into fun, your chances of being successful will go up dramatically.
- Don’t kick yourself when you are down. Concentrate on today and tomorrow. You can’t change the past, and beating yourself up is only going to drag you in the wrong direction. Today is a new day!
- Do Interval Workouts 3 days per week. Intervals help you burn 30% more calories per workout and can help leave your metabolism elevated for up to 12 hours after each workout. New research suggest up to 48 hours.
- Turn random acts into fitness. Take the stairs at work. Park in the furthest spot at the store or work. Play with your kids instead of sitting on the sidelines. Walk in place while brushing your teeth. Be creative and you can turn activities you already do into opportunities to improve your health.
- Always eat breakfast and never skip meals. Drink a glass of water when you wake up and have breakfast within an hour of waking up to kick-start your metabolism. Skipping meals causes your metabolism to slow down and sends the signal to your body to store your next meal as fat in order to avoid starvation.
- Drink 64 ounces of water per day plus additional ounce per minute of workout time.You should be going to the bathroom at least once every hour to hour and a half. ALWAYS AVOID SODA.
- Eat something every 2 to 3 hours. Eat healthy snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon to help keep your metabolism buzzing and to help you avoid over-eating at lunch and dinner. What is a healthy snack? Almonds, celery, good protein bar, cucumber, etc.
- Control your portions. Avoid seconds and eat until you are no longer hungry versus until you are full. Drink a glass of water before you eat. This tricks your body into thinking it’s full.
- Have a cheat day. But only if you are working out. This will help you stay on target.
- You are what you eat. So eat healthy to be healthy.
Leave a Comment