- Always stand as erect as possible, with your shoulders, back and your head centered directly over the spine. Try to sit in the same manner, erect, with head over the spine.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed, except at the ankles.
- When you lift try to bend from the knees and not from the back, keeping your back straight at all times. Hold the weight close to your body as you carry it.
- Mothers of small children must be careful to not bend from the back but bend from the knees instead, when lifting any children from the bed or floor.
- You must have a good firm mattress to sleep on with no lumps or sags, as one third of your life is spent in bed.
- Never sleep on your stomach. Sleep on your back or side instead. When on your back, life flat with a pillow under your head and neck and a pillow under your knees. Do not sleep with more than one pillow under your head. Your neck should be pushed up so that your chin moves down toward your chest. A pillow should support your neck according to its natural curve, allowing your head to rest in a neutral position.
- When you sleep on your side, support the head and neck so your spine will remain in a straight line as you are viewed from the front. your legs should be at a 30 to 45 degree angle and not drawn up in a knot. You may feel more comfortable with a pillow between your knees to keep your pelvis from being tilted.
- Do not use a regular foam pillow. A shaped cervical pillow or a feather pillow is the best.
- Do not rest on a couch with your head propped on the arm rest.
- No reading in bed, neither propped on your elbow, nor lying flat.
- In ordinary cases, do not do any excessive lifting over 15-20 lb. during the first 4-6 weeks of treatment.
My lower right side of my back and my right knee had ached for a long time.
I had gone to another chiropractor but did not see any results.
My sweet neighbor works for Dr. Thompson and had encouraged me for a long time to come into the office but I kept putting it off.
When I finally came in Dr. Thompson took x-rays and discussed in length what needed to be done
I was adjusted and my knee worked on a few times a week and now there is no pain in my knee which has greatly improved my life.
I believe wholeheartedly in chiropractic but especially Dr. Thompson. I would encourage anyone to visit Dr. Thompson. He is WONDERFUL !